Ethan has hit the terrible twos in full force! Several weeks ago he figured out how to climb out of his crib so I turned the crib around. It is a bed for life crib so the back is higher then the front. We figured that would buy us some time. It did, about 6 weeks. Monday he figured out how to get out again and then he would get out and not be able to get back in and he would freak out. So I rocked him to sleep for two nights and on the third night I figured it was probably time just to make it into a toddler bed. So he is officially in a toddler bed, the furniture has been bolted to the walls and I thought everything that he could get into had been taken out but he found a furniture marker for touching up the dressers one day at nap time and graffitied his wall. He has also taken a liking to digging in his diaper and smearing poop everywhere, carpet, walls, bedding. 4 days in a row of the diaper digging. I have learned that he might be ready to be potty trained so we got the potty chair out last night. He sits on it and says potty but that is it. We will see what next week brings!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Big Boy Bed
Ethan has hit the terrible twos in full force! Several weeks ago he figured out how to climb out of his crib so I turned the crib around. It is a bed for life crib so the back is higher then the front. We figured that would buy us some time. It did, about 6 weeks. Monday he figured out how to get out again and then he would get out and not be able to get back in and he would freak out. So I rocked him to sleep for two nights and on the third night I figured it was probably time just to make it into a toddler bed. So he is officially in a toddler bed, the furniture has been bolted to the walls and I thought everything that he could get into had been taken out but he found a furniture marker for touching up the dressers one day at nap time and graffitied his wall. He has also taken a liking to digging in his diaper and smearing poop everywhere, carpet, walls, bedding. 4 days in a row of the diaper digging. I have learned that he might be ready to be potty trained so we got the potty chair out last night. He sits on it and says potty but that is it. We will see what next week brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment